Friday, August 7, 2009

THE GIRL WHO PAINTS GIRLS

Patricia Grannum is a blogger, freelance journalist and jewelry designer based in Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies. She interviews Brianna Mccarthy here in her new series of female artist. Her blog is WOMAN OF COLOUR. CHECK IT OUT.

The Girl who Paints Girls! Brianna Mccarthy
(Today's the first of a series of interviews/features of women in visual and graphic art. The interview is mostly unedited for deeper insight. Read on and Enjoy!)

Intro: The first thing I noticed about Brianna Mccarthy's girls were their eyes. Sometimes they're defiant, sometimes they're alluring and soulful. What strikes me most is that when I look at the eyes in her paintings I feel I've seen these girls before. Not on the canvas but on the streets of Trinidad and Tobago, our mutual home. So I had to talk to her about her inspiration...

Tell me a bit about your background: where are you from in Trinidad/Tobago? What was it like growing up there? I’m a Curepe girl. I grew up on a street that was more rural than you would expect for an area so close to UWI ...read full article here.

Check out Brianna's blog here. PASSION FRUIT and check out her work in Draconian Switch 8

1 comment: